What is the Kettering Veterans & Inventor Campaign?
The Kettering Veterans & Inventor Campaign is a major fundraising effort by the Kettering Parks Foundation and its campaign committee to seek funding needed for the construction of two new projects at Delco Park. These new funding initiatives are: The Kettering Veterans Memorial and The Charles F. Kettering History Walk. Both will be totally funded through private contributions.
Your help is needed to make these projects a reality. With your support you will demonstrate a commitment to honoring our “home town” heroes and remembering all those who have helped preserve our liberty, or you may wish to play a part in preserving local history by recognizing the accomplishments of a man who shaped the future of the Miami Valley and the world.
About the Projects
The Kettering Veterans Memorial
It is important that communities designate a permanent place to recognize and pay tribute to American military veterans and their families. The Kettering Veterans Memorial will honor all who served in any of the 5 branches of the armed forces, Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard as a public expression of gratitude to those who have served and continue to serve our nation. Veterans Memorial will:
- Allow veterans to receive the honor and recognition they so richly deserve
- Preserve the legacy of all veterans of all wars and conflicts
- Become a frequent visiting place for family and friends to show their respect of loved ones who took up the call to defend America and uphold our values and ideals
- Provide veterans organizations, service clubs and youth organizations a beautiful venue for patriotic events and ceremonies
- Allow younger generations to learn more about local veterans who made the ultimate sacrifice, and those who continue to make a difference in their community
The design of Veterans Memorial provides numerous naming opportunities for our donors.
Charles F. Kettering History Walk
The Charles F. Kettering History Walk is designed as a unique learning laboratory strategically located in Delco Park, adjacent to the location of the company he founded, Dayton Engineering Laboratories Company (Delco).
Three interactive history stations positioned along the walk will highlight the history, inventions, and philanthropic contributions of Mr. Kettering and the impact of his efforts on the local community, the automobile industry and the world. All of the stations are being designed with help and guidance from Dayton History. The Charles F. Kettering History Walk will:
- Foster community pride among our citizens and preserve Kettering’s heritage
- Commemorate the tremendous impact Mr. Kettering had upon the Miami Valley through his spirit of innovation and philanthropy
- Provide opportunities to enhance school curriculum and students’ understanding of the city’s history as a new destination for school “day trips”
- Highlight Mr. Kettering’s absolute commitment to education at all levels and his belief in the power of creativity
- Encourage the ingenuity and community mindedness that Mr. Kettering so embodied to future generations
What is the goal?
The goal is to raise an estimated $400,000 through private donations and/or in-kind contributions by December 31, 2015. All proceeds and contributions will go directly to the construction of the project.
What is the endowment fund?
The endowment fund will be established with a portion of the funds invested in perpetuity for future maintenance of the plaza and history walk. Distribution from the fund will be allocated for associated repair or replacement parts for the plaza and or history walk.
Who contributes to the fund?
Individuals and businesses across the Miami Valley may donate cash or make in-kind contributions of construction materials or labor. Donors should check with their respective employers for matching fund gift options at their companies. Stocks and bonds are also accepted.
Buy a Brick Campaign
Honor a Loved One! Support Your Community! Pave the way to honoring all veterans and preserving our community’s history by purchasing your brick today. Click here for the Buy a Brick brochure and order form.
Is my gift tax-deductible?
Gifts to the campaign are fully tax deductible to the extent provided by the IRS regulations. Please check with your professional tax advisor with any questions. The Kettering Park Foundation is a certified 501(c)3 organization.
How can I get involved?
There are several ways to become involved with the campaign. You can donate online by clicking the Give Now button or print out and mail a pledge form to: Kettering Veterans & Inventor Campaign, PO Box 292787, Kettering, OH 45429. In-kind contributions are also welcome. You can also become involved with the campaign as a volunteer. Volunteers are needed to help with various events, fundraising, and to refer others for solicitation.
Who to contact with additional questions?
You may contact Susan Smith, project coordinator to talk about a gift, to volunteer or for more information at (937)296-3029 or email@example.com